With castles, palaces, beautiful scenery, historical sights, and cultural treats, this Munich, Salzburg & Vienna tour is sure to delight all of your senses! You'll overnight in Munich, Salzburg, and Vienna, and you'll also spend time in Innsbruck and Mondsee. If you love castles and palaces, you will enjoy visiting Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Built by King Ludwig II, this fairytale castle offers magnificent views of the Alps and was the inspiration for Walt Disney. You'll also enjoy time in Munich, Germany's "Secret Capital," where you'll visit the lively Marienplatz. Here, admire the New Town Hall with its famous glockenspiel, which re-creates a 16th-century wedding. In Salzburg, your guided walking tour includes the magnificent Residenz Square, where some scenes from the Sound of Music movie were filmed, and a visit to Mozart's birthplace, where you will see mementos owned by him, such as his childhood violin.But that's not all…on this Munich, Salzburg & Vienna tour, Globus has arranged some out-of-the-ordinary experiences for you. Enjoy a Danube cruise (except the December 10th departure) along the most scenic section of the river, and during the cruise, enjoy Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake). Also enjoy a private visit to Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna to hear the stories highlighting the lifestyle of the Habsburgs, the royal family who ruled Vienna for centuries, and enjoy a farewell dinner with a classical music concert here -just another way that Globus brings these destinations to life. All you have to do is grab your camera and get ready for a wonderful vacation experience!
Call (888) 554-7526 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482921
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Welcome to Munich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner with wine at one of Munich's lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Munich||Sightseeing with a Local Guide of Germany's 'Secret Capital' features the Olympic Stadium, built for the 1972 Olympics; the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower; and Konigsplatz, used for Nazi rallies during World War II. Drive along the Ludwigstrasse, and see the Bavarian Arch of Triumph and Field Marshall Hall. Also visit lively MARIENPLATZ with the Old and the New Town Halls and the gothic Frauenkirche. An optional excursion is available to Linderhof Castle, one of Ludwig's prettiest castles, and the picturesque Passion Play town of Oberammergau. (B)|
|Day 3||Salzburg||Drive into the garden-like landscapes of the Bavarian Alps and [LF] visit King Ludwig's NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE, which famously inspired Walt Disney. Enjoy magnificent views of the Alps from high up, then have lunch at the foot of the castle with local specialties like Bratwurst (sausage) or Suppe (soup). On to Innsbruck in the Tyrolean mountains for a walk through the quaint medieval lanes to Emperor Maximilian's GOLDEN ROOF. Time to shop for crystal, for which Innsbruck is famous, before continuing to Mozart's hometown, Salzburg. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Salzburg||This morning, you may wish to join an optional excursion to spectacular Berchtesgaden and Hitler's Eagle's Nest. Back in Salzburg, join your Local Guide for a walking tour through the historic center. Admire exquisite MIRABELL GARDENS, the Great Festival Hall, St. Peter's Monastery, and magnificent RESIDENZ SQUARE, where some scenes of the Sound of Music movie were filmed. Also visit MOZART'S BIRTHPLACE in the charming Getreidegasse. (B)|
|Day 5||Vienna||Visit the PARISH CHURCH in Mondsee, which was used for the wedding scenes in The Sound of Music. A leisurely [LF] DANUBE CRUISE along the most scenic section of the river follows, and during the cruise, enjoy Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake). Arrive in Vienna, once the center of the mighty Habsburg Empire. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional Heurigen evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Vienna||Guided sightseeing features a visit to BELVEDERE PALACE with its famous Klimt collection, a drive along the Ringstrasse, passing the State Opera House, and a stop at the Hofburg Palace, winter residence of the Austrian Imperial family. Marvel at the impressive courtyards, famous HELDENPLATZ, and awesome St. Stephen's Cathedral. Time to savor Sachertorte and watch the jolly crowd in one of Vienna's famous coffee houses, or choose from our exciting optional possibilities. (B)|
|Day 7||Vienna||For those who wish to 'see it all,' there is a chance to join an interesting optional excursion to Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. Later, a unique feature: [LF] enjoy a private visit of SCHONBRUNN PALACE, followed by a farewell dinner with wine and a classical music concert, the best way to say auf Wiedersehen, Wien. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Vienna||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $423Triple room reduction per person: $57Extra nights per person in Munich:in single room $145-$406, in twin $82-$212, in triple $82-$169Extra nights per person in Vienna:in single room $130, in twin $82, in triple $68
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).