Brochure Type: Europe Preview 2020
Join the von Trapps on an Austrian adventure that will make your heart sing, from Munich's medieval charm to the 19th century fortress once home to a shy fairy-tale king. Explore the heritage of the Habsburg Empire and discover the romantic setting for several 'Sound of Music' scenes in Salzburg. Trafalgar has secured premium tickets for you to attend the once in a decade performance of the Passion Play in the picturesque Bavarian town of Oberammergau.
- City tour in Salzburg and Vienna
- Orientation of Munich, Oberammergau, Villach and Graz
- Premium Tickets for the 2020 Passion Play in Oberammergau
- View Mozart's Birthplace in Salzburg
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, film locations of 'The Sound of Music' in Salzburg, the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna and the alpine resort of Berchtesgaden
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 6 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (888) 554-7526 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704271
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Arrive Munich (2 Nights): Welcome to Munich. Relax after check-in and later enjoy an evening orientation drive including views of the Olympic Stadium. This evening meet for a Welcome Reception with your fellow travellers and Travel Director.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Munich||Munich Orientation and At Leisure: Munich is a lively city - perfectly blending the traditional and modern. See the sights during your morning orientation including the Hofbräuhaus, Marienplatz, Ludwigstrasse and the majestic Opera House. Spend free time afterwards exploring on your own. Visit galleries and museums, shop for souvenirs or consider an Optional Experience to the touching Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site. This evening you might like to join your companions for a night out at a local beer hall.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Oberammergau||Munich - Neuschwanstein Castle - Oberammergau (2 Nights): Drive into the scenic Bavarian mountains and visit Neuschwanstein Castle. Experience a guided tour of this château, built in the 19th century for King Ludwig on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau. In Oberammergau see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed every decade since 1634 when Europe was gripped by the plague.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Oberammergau||Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance): Enjoy the unique atmosphere in town before taking your premium seat for an inspired and moving performance of the Passion Play this afternoon. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before experiencing the captivating second half of this unique event as night falls.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Salzburg||Oberammergau - Berchtesgaden - Salzburg (2 Nights): Continue today to the foot of the Alps and visit the National Park of Berchtesgaden featuring awe-inspiring mountains. This evening arrive in Salzburg.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Villach||Salzburg Sightseeing - Villach: See the city's sights with your Local Specialist including the Getreidegasse, Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart's birthplace and many of the locations used in the film 'The Sound of Music'. Afterwards travel to the picturesque region near Villach for a special Be My Guest experience.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Vienna||Villach - Piber Stud Farm - Graz - Vienna (2 Nights): Visit the Lipizzaner Stud farm at Piber for a Cultural Insight into the breeding of the athletic white stallions for the Spanish Riding School. Later stop in the town of Graz where you can admire the galleried courtyards and Renaissance squares. Finally arrive in the beautiful capital city Vienna and check in to your hotel.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Vienna||Vienna Sightseeing and At Leisure: This morning enjoy an exclusive Cultural Insight with a guided visit to the Habsburg royal collection of art at the Kunsthistorisches museum prior to admission of the general public. The spectacular Kunstkammer will be revealed in this private insider visit. Later your Local Specialist shows you the city's major landmarks and palaces during your included sightseeing tour. The Imperial Boulevards lead to views of the Opera House, the Hofburg Palace, the Parliament and St. Stephen's Cathedral. The magic continues with a walking tour through the oldest parts of the city near 'Am Hof'. Why not indulge yourself and try some local cuisine such as schnitzel or strudel. Walk along the Kärntnerstrasse in the centre of the city and shop for souvenirs. This evening, join your travelling companions and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Vienna||Depart Vienna: Say goodbye to your newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Oberammergau Accommodation: Trafalgar has secured hotel accommodation either in Oberammergau or close by in the picturesque villages of the Bavarian Alps. Please note that single and triple rooms are not available for the Oberammergau stay. Solo travellers and triple share guests will be matched and accommodated in a twin room with a fellow solo Trafalgar traveller (of the same gender) for the duration of the stay.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class